33rd edition of the IKF
from 17 to 20 January 2021
Dear artists and cultural workers!
A lot has happened since we cancelled our International Cabaret Festival on the island of Usedom. The outbreak of the Corona-pandemic has brought artists, organizers and cultural workers into a dramatic and existence-threatening crisis.
As a partner of the International Kulturbörse Freiburg we would like to inform you about the application procedure for short performances at the exchange.
Street artists (Performances & Walk Acts) have the opportunity to apply until 15 September 2020.
Here you can download the flyer:
Much courage and hopeful prospects for 2021!
Dear friends of the International cabaret festival
since September 2019 we have been working on the 21st International cabaret festival 2020,
– we had over 270 applicants from all over the world.
– we put together a super team of 33 artists & groups from 17 nations and received the confirmations from ALL of you
– we had a top expert jury & student jury
– we had the promises of the hotels, pensions, holiday apartments (approx. 100 beds)
– we had the commitments of 21 guest performances
– we had already sold over 100 tickets for the “Varieté am Meer”
Make a long story short: we were glad to see you soon!!!
But in view of the fact that the island of Usedom is closed to entry for an indefinite period of time and that the situation and regulations could become even worse at any time in view of the Corona pandemic…
We have to cancel the festival for this year with a heavy heart.
We are terribly sorry, but we have no choice.
We would be very grateful if you would remain loyal to us and take us to the next festival Visit Pentecost 2021. Stay healthy, have a lot of strength for the coming time and see you!
Georg Kurze (festival director) & Kersten Fubel (first chairman Kleinkunst Insel Usedom e.V.)